MARS Group, chooses SIERRA's eFACiLiTY® – Enterprise Facility Management System for UAE, Egypt & India
incorporated in United States with global presence across the world manufactures products with brand names M&M'S ®
, ROYAL CANIN®
, UNCLE BEN'S®
Mars was looking to implement a web based Enterprise Asset Management System to centrally manage all their equipments and spare parts and centrally monitors the preventive maintenance and other maintenance related activities and that can also be accessed at the individual locations.
Mars Group also had a need to implement a Time & Attendance system to manage the employee time records, shift roster automation and leave approval workflow management that can integrate with Honeywell IP-AK2 web based access control system. The system was also expected to integrate with their existing Human Resource Management System (HRMS) and SAP Payroll systems seamlessly. The system was expected to cater to the factory employees, office staff as well as market facing employees who may be on the move all the time.
The software was required for MARS operations UAE, Egypt and India.
SIERRA implemented its world-class eFACiLiTY®
- Asset / Maintenance Management module which manages all the Equipments/ Spare parts present in the two locations, tracks their warranty / AMC contract details, their maintenance schedules, costs & budgets, break-down history, inventory related to the assets and their purchase orders etc.
The periodic maintenance work orders are auto-generated by the system reducing the planning requirement and tracks the cost involved, labor involved and spares / tools requirement and scheduling.
- Time & Attendance software to implement a fully automated, state of the art solution that was tightly integrated with the Honeywell Access Control systems, the HRMS system and the SAP Payroll system. All the features were fine-tuned taking into account the Middle East and India specific requirements of MARS. Leave, Permissions and On-duty request processing, approval management was implemented to cater to both the factory employees as well as office staff. The day-in-lieu, compensatory leaves accumulation, reserved hours calculation based on shift allocation and actual hours worked are now very effectively managed without much of human intervention today.
Employees have access to their individual calendars to view their assigned shifts, view the available leaves, their clock-in / clock-out details, all in/out punches etc. They can also respond by entering the reason and details to the various exceptions like late clock-in exception, early clock-out exception, non clocked-in exception and early clock-out exceptions to inform their supervisors and get their approval.
- Mars Group found SIERRA's eFACiLiTY® - Enterprise Facilities Management System to be intuitive and cozy. Top management sitting remotely are able to monitor their operations in UAE, Egypt and India. MARS Group now runs on paperless environment with respect to their Maintenance & Spare Parts Management and Time & Attendance, Leave Processing needs.
- The eFACiLiTY® – Asset / Maintenance Management module manages all the assets and tracks their warranty / AMC contract details, their maintenance schedules, costs & budgets, break–down history, inventory related to the assets and their purchase orders etc.
- The periodic maintenance work orders are auto–generated by the system reducing the planning requirement and tracks the cost involved, labor involved and spares / tools requirement and scheduling. The pre-configured and diverse database of maintenance policies in the system helped Mars to implement the software with the least efforts.
- MARS Group could get SIERRA's eFACiLiTY® - Time & Attendance System extensively customized to match their exact requirements and so the system is extremely user friendly for their employees. Benefits:
- Seamless time & attendance operations, leave management, shift roster functions
- Centralized access of all reports by HR teams
- Remote access for administrative managers to view country wise details
- Seamless integration with MARS HRMS and SAP Payroll systems cutting down valuable hours of work for HR Team
- Complete automation and paper-less implementation enabling cost savings
- Improved employee satisfaction
- SMS Attendance System helps MARS employees to communicate with the eFACiLiTY® application via SMS. Users can send In/Out time and leave/permission requests to the application via SMS. Interactive & automated "Help" replies are triggered to their employees and SMS Attendance Clocking Report helps to monitor the In/Out details of their employees clocking via SMS.
- The system facilitates HR department to monitor employee performance centrally and instantaneously. The top management gets meaningful data seamlessly from all locations.